Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coming Soon!

There are posts coming, I promise. Homework and taxes (ugh) have been sucking up all my time and energy this week, but I have some good ideas for posts, I just need to find a little time...please be patient, I'm getting there, just very, very slowly...In the meantime, here is something pretty to look at...this started out as a plain white cotton dishtowel:




Processes: deconstructed screen print background, with hot-wax batik overlay (stained glass design), navy blue crackle and overdye for image outlines/borders. Butterflies screened on using Lumiere textile paints. This is photographed with backlighting (through French door)..nice dish towel, eh?



OK, here, by special request, is the upside down version of the batik:




What do you think, better this way?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mom,

    Did you happen to take a picture of it upside down? If so, you should post that too. It's cool both ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh goody! I do like it better upside down. I think it has something to do with the Alice in Wonderland feeling I get from seeing the deadbolt lock at the top right. Someday I will make a cake of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the deadbolt thing makes it feels kinda wonky...

    ReplyDelete