Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Most Fun I Have EVER Had With Polyester...

Y'all probably know (or can figure it out) that I think the most fun thing in the world is to fling dye or paint onto cloth, but the dyes I have always used only work on cellulose or animal fibers. Since I don't wear polyester (it gives me a rash), and the dyes used to color it are, for the most part industrial type dyes, not something you would play with in your kitchen, I had not experimented with polyester...no little polys or esthers got to color at my house. But last semester I got the chance to experiment with Disperse Dyes for synthetic fabrics. Here's a look at one of my projects:

Disperse dye painted onto plain white paper -- this original was used to create prints using a heat press.



Print on polyester fabric (2nd strike off original)

Print on Pylon interfacing (1st strike off original)

No comments:

Post a Comment